DIY Carport Kits
Strong Steel Construction
Galv & Powder Coated
Our canopy/carport kits have been designed from the ground up to be an easy fit solution for both DIY and trade. With a few basic hand tools, most canopies can be installed in just one or two days, by two people.
They are a bespoke, made to measure system that are tailored to your exact requirements. Made of steel construction rather than lightweight aluminium, they are designed to last a lifetime, being fully hot dip galvanised and powder coated to any RAL colour desired.
The modern design, with deep fascias works effortlessly with any building style, modern or traditional.
All carport kits come with complete build instructions and tech support should you need it during the build.
Get a price list here.
We value your privacy and will not spam you
Manufacture & Design
We manufacture all carport and canopy kits to exact specifications. Each system is individually made to your requirements in terms of length, width, height, roof pitch and supports so they are guaranteed to fit your space perfectly. We even build in adjustment, so you have a little ‘wiggle-room’ when it comes to installation.
To get started, we ask you to send some photographs to us and then we can help you with design. We’ll return drawings, you can make as many revisions as you like and only when you approve the design do we commence manufacturing.
We supply our systems to trade and DIY in kit form, so if you’re handy with a few basic tools, you can save a significant amount compared to similar systems on the market that can only be purchased with installation included.
Our carports are completely bespoke in size & specification, so you can guarantee that it will fit your application perfectly. All the cutting, folding, welding and drilling is pre-finished in factory, so you only need to fix the pieces together with the pre-supplied fittings.
Our canopy kits are supplied powder coated in any RAL colour of your choice (RAL 7016 Anthracite Grey being currently most popular), specified to BS EN 12206-1:2004 over hot dipped galvanising treatment to give a lifetime maintenance-free finish.
Additionally, the roof material can be specified from clear, bronze or opal polycarbonate double-wall 10mm sheets with UV protection built in at no additional cost.
The roof structure is formed using our uniquely developed ‘G’ frame system, which incorporates an integral hidden gutter all round its perimeter, allowing flexibility for installation and water drainage whilst creating a strong, modern contemporary look with deep fascias and smooth lines. Heavy duty rectangular hollow section (RHS) legs or brackets support the canopy and can be manufactured in various ways to suit the installation.
Delivery & Lead Time
Your canopy will be packaged in a custom made timber crate to keep it safe during delivery.
The weight of your carport or canopy can be anywhere between one third of a tonne for a smaller structure, and a tonne or more for a larger one. For your convenience, we use specialist delivery vehicles that have an ‘all-terrain’ forklift truck attached to the rear of the lorry which can unload your canopy/carport kit in one go and place it (in most cases) on your driveway or similar suitable location.
Once you’ve placed an order and approved the design, our lead time is generally 3 – 6 weeks dependant on work load. This allows for the turn-around time through the manufacturing, galvanising, powder coating, packaging and distribution processes. We’ll confirm our approximate lead time at point of order, and specify an exact delivery date nearer the time that is convenient for you.
If you have any access issues, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate your requirements.
The order process is simple.
Finalise the location and size of structure that you want to order and if you haven’t already, send some photo’s so we can get to work on design. We’ll go through all the technical stuff leaving nothing to chance. If you have any on-site issues, like slopes or pipes on the wall, show these in the photo’s and we’ll advise you…We can work around most issues with minimum fuss.
This is a bespoke product so a deposit of 25% is payable on order. Balance to follow 2 weeks prior to delivery.
All carports are supplied with the following standard specification…
- Solid construction, bespoke steel frame built to your specification.
- Hot dipped galvanised steel sections to BS EN ISO 1461:2009 and BS EN ISO 9000 quality assurance specifications.
- Integrated hidden gutter system incorporating our unique ‘G’ beam design.
- Interpon® powder coated finish to any RAL colour of your choosing.
- Clear, Opal, or Bronze 10mm twin wall polycarbonate roof sheets.
- Installation around pipes and other obstacles on walls no problem.
- Full technical support.
- 15 year steel frame guarantee.
Customise Your Carport/Canopy Kit
- Welded brackets for slat walls
- Integral shed kit framing
- Choose any RAL colour
- Bungalow brackets to fit over soffits/fascias
Speak to us for details Email here
Our canopies are manufactured with self-build in mind and therefore are easy to install. We supply full instructions and offer tech support over the phone and via email should you need it.
We offer a written 15 year frame guarantee on all our canopies directly from BOSS CANOPIES, our sister company. Other components such as roof sheets carry a 3 year guarantee as per the manufacturers’ terms.
How It Works – Our Process
- Once you’ve decided to go ahead, we ask for a small deposit so we can start work on your project.
- We’ll guide you through the build spec where you can outline all your requirements. We may ask for photographs of the location to help us with the design process.
- Our design team will turn your ideas into plans for you to approve. At any stage, we can make modifications to your plans until you are completely satisfied.
- When you sign off your design, you’ll pay the remaining balance so our engineers can get to work.
- The process begins, and your canopy will be manufactured, galvanised, powder-coated and packaged ready for delivery.
- We utilise strict quality control standards at every stage of manufacture, including BS EN ISO 1461:2009 and BS EN ISO 9000 quality assurance specifications for finishing.
- A member of our transport team will contact you to arrange delivery, and you’ll receive your bespoke canopy, fixing kit, roof sheets, and a comprehensive instruction manual soon after.
- From build spec to completion, allow 4 – 6 weeks.
NOTE: Our canopy kits have been designed from the ground up to be easy to fit with a few basic hand tools, but will require two persons to complete the installation safely.